There
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the people.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My story, sort of in the Oblivion universe.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reconn

Reconn

Character sheet
World One: 1

My story, sort of in the Oblivion universe. Empty
PostSubject: My story, sort of in the Oblivion universe.   My story, sort of in the Oblivion universe. EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:22 pm

They call me Hides-his-heart. For whatever I cause I seemed to have been born without a soul. I must’ve been unnerving as a baby, being a fleshy husk, devoid of emotion, that didn’t have any experiences or memories, and was solemn in every meaning of the word. And it was for that reason my parents dropped me off in a small rural town, on the blood stained and decrepit doorstep of the church of Sithis, lord of all evil and vile, purger of those who would disrespect or insult him. They took me in with open arms, a being who felt no fear when bows were trained on his shadowy form, flitting from rooftop to rooftop, or who felt no remorse when he killed an innocent, was the perfect knife with which to cut away those who would sin against Sithis. As soon as I could be considered a juvenile I was trained in many deadly arts, the shadows my right hand, deceit my left. I rose swiftly through the ranks, a superior to many, who were at times twice my age. These are events that bring me, covered in rain and sweat, to the top of the battlements of the Imperial palace. I have been hired for 200 platinum to assassinate the Emperor. He’s a frail old man who had done well as emperor, but there are those out there who believe he has done well for too long, and wish to move on to a younger heir. Those also happen to be the people paying me more money than was contained in the imperial city’s entire urban district. I drop down from the battlements onto a balcony off the royalty’s quarter’s gallery, crouching low to muffle my footsteps and avoid being seen. A guard’s spear is visible in the doorway to the balcony, they really did cover every entrance. Not deterred, I chanted a prayer to Rageth, the dark mother, that would give me invisibility. I was able to stride right through the doorway and down the hall, ever closer to my target, but outside the great hall a waft of steam disrupted my incant. The emperor was eating vibrant foods from distant lands, I could just go to his bedroom and plant contact poison on the bed. Or perhaps I would hide in the closet, bursting forth to hear him whimper his last words. For all the emotion I didn’t have, I really did believe I would enjoy that. Stealthily, I moved down the hall to the corner and took a right toward the emperor’s room. I thought it funny that for all the protection emperor thought he had, I was here and knew my way around. Entering the quarters of the emperor, I found indigo tapestries of great beauty. People so helpless and unaware should not deserve these tapestries, I might paint them with the emperors blood just to ruin them. I could work it to look like a suicide if I wanted to, my instructions had been vague in regards to means of death, that would open the kingdom’s eyes to exactly what could happen to an enemy of Sithis, and then I would summon screaming banshees to fly above the city, wailing of how far the emperor had crossed the line and how everyone would pay. But he wasn’t getting 200 platinum to put on a show, so it was trivial. A flash of lightning lit up the sky and sent a moving shadow on the wall. The emperor was creeping up the stairs to finish a hard day with a nice rest, but he wouldn’t get one. Two immense guards were with him, and I decided on the best course of action. I hid behind the open door, and the moment the emperor passed the threshold I slammed it and jammed one of my swords diagonally through the door to stop the guards from opening it. They would have to either take down the door, or somehow get my sword out to open it. I could only hoper they tried the latter before succeeding with the former in order to give me enough time. As soon as the door slammed the emperor tried to run, but there was no place to go save off the balcony, which would actually save me the trouble of washing my gear off. I laughed maniacally and stalked after the poor man. He leapt in front of me begging on his knees.
“Please, I have a wife and children, and I kingdom to protect. I’ll do anything.” He whimpered.
“You will do nothing but die coward.” I snarled at him, and a wet spot grew on the front of his robes. The emperor had actually peed himself in fear. Suddenly, I was sickened. This kingdom was ruled by a man who would beg in front of his killer on his knees, urine trickling down his legs, how had it survived. Killing him was doing everybody a favor, but I would make him suffer. The situation deteriorated from there.
“On your feet!” I yelled and dragged him up. He was actually sobbing now, it only made me angrier. I popped a potion of burning right into his face, and then picked him up and hurled him into a wall. He lay there, withering, I knew I has completed my job and then some. The emperor would die within the week from internal injuries, and the city would get to see him after having wet himself, with his looks being grotesquely twisted by the potion of burning, and cries still escaping his deformed mouth, being carried to the chapel where they would try all methods of divine healing to no avail. Still, even in doing better than he had dreamed possible, I didn’t feel joy. A crash came from the doorway, and imperial soldiers flooded the room. Ahh, no rest for the wicked. I leapt from the balcony and escaped into the night.
Back to top Go down

My story, sort of in the Oblivion universe.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
There :: Everything :: Stories-
Jump to: